Blueberry Breakfast Ice Cream
About this recipe
This ice cream came about because my son was going through a phase and only wanted to eat sweet things: cake, jam & ice cream, so I decided to make him a breakfast ice cream. This recipe worked excellently. He loved it. Don’t worry; he still ate normal food the rest of the day.
- Total Fat 8.9g 11%
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Cholesterol 15mg 5%
- Sodium 72mg 3%
- Vitamin D 1mcg 3%
- Potassium 303mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2g 9%
- Dietary Fiber 3.92g 14%
- Total Sugars 14.3g 0%
- Protein 5.7g 0%
- Calcium 162mg 12%
- Iron 0 mg 0%
- 500 g blueberries
- 1-2 cups cooked spinach I use pre-cooked and frozen
- 1 avocado I use precut and frozen
- 3 large banana
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- 1 ltr milk
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk
- Place your ice cream machine bowl in the freezer. This recipe is for a 2 ltr bowl.
- Thaw out the spinach and the avocado, but keep cool.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, just like a smoothie. you may need to do two batches.
- Place the frozen ice cream machine bowl in the machine, turn on, and immediately pour in your mixture.
- Let the machine run for around 35 mins, until it has churned the mixture into ice cream.
- Eat immediately for soft scoop, or freeze for a few hours for harder ice cream.
Equipment used in this recipe
Grab the equipment you need for this recipe by clicking on the Amazon affiliate links below.