The English Breakfast Burger
About this recipe
The is one of the greatest burgers out there. Who doesn’t love a good old English breakfast? Add in a beef patty, stuck it all in a brioche bun. It’s the burger of champions
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 15-20% fat
- 5 organic eggs they just taste nicer
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1 black pudding sausage sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms should be white but I prefer wild (sliced)
- 14 ounce tin baked beans
- 5 brioche buns
- Tomato sauce
- Brown sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Very gently divide the beef mixture into 5 pieces. Roll each piece in your hands until the mixture stays together in a ball.
- Get at least two frying pans ready and a saucepan.
- Take some deep breaths. This will all happen very quickly.
- Heat the beans in a saucepan until boiling. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Depending on how many pans you have, you may need to do the following in steps. Ideally, you want to fry it all at the same time.
- Heat some oil on a medium heat and fry the mushrooms and black pudding until cooked through and the bacon until it is crispy.
- Fry the eggs and tomatoes until the tomatoes are cooked through and the eggs are done (it's better if the eggs are sunny side up).
- Heat your grill/pan until it is smoking.
- Place the ball of meat in the pan and squash it down immediately with a flat metal kitchen utensil (I use the back of my hand).
- Using your finger, make a small dimple in the middle. This stops it from swelling in the middle when it is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper
- ook on one side for a couple of minutes or until it is golden brown/charred on one side.
- Flip the burger and cook for a similar time of the other side or until it is right for you (I prefer rare to medium).
- While cooking the second side, slice your bun/s and heat each side in the same pan as the burger.
- Spread some brown sauce on the bottom bun.
- Add some mushrooms.
- Then the burger.
- Lay a few slices of tomato on top.
- Spoon on some beans.
- Add a few slices of bacon and black pudding.
- Now some mushrooms.
- Finish with a egg and some tomato sauce.
- Get stuck in!
- Total Fat 50.9g 65%
- Saturated Fat 20.1g 100%
- Cholesterol 367mg 122%
- Sodium 4273mg 186%
- Vitamin D 3mcg 16%
- Potassium 776mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4g 24%
- Dietary Fiber 4g 14%
- Total Sugars 18.4g 61%
- Protein 59.8g 119%
- Calcium 129mg 10%
- Iron 8mg 42%
Equipment used in this recipe
Grab the equipment you need for this recipe by clicking on the Amazon affiliate links below.